City of El Reno Community Development Block Grant Program
The City of El Reno has received a grant to provide assistance for individuals or families affected by Covid-19. The grant includes a variety of types of assistance such as rent/mortgage, utilities, gas and food.
Blessings Baskets is assisting with the nutrition portion of the program.
Have You Been Affected?
- Have you had kids home from school due to quarantine or illness or school closures?
- Have you struggled financially due to the pandemic?
- Have you experienced a reduction of income or a loss of job?
- Have you or a family member been sick with Covid?
- Are you struggling to purchase groceries since prices have increased?
How to Apply
Residents in the El Reno city limits can complete the enrollment process at the Canadian County Community Action office, 203 N Bickford, 405-262-7042. You will need to take a copy of your driver’s license and proof of income.
If possible, to save time, you can start the enrollment process online. After completing the application online, you can go to the Canadian County Community Action office or come to a distribution to finalize your enrollment. Monthly distributions are made at the Freewill Baptist Church, 1505 West Elm St in El Reno from 2 to 4 p.m. The distribution dates are listed below.
2022 Covid Food Distribution Dates
- Tuesday, January 18
- Tuesday, February 15
- Tuesday, March 15
- Tuesday, April 19
- Tuesday, May 17
- Tuesday, June 21
- Tuesday, July 19
- Tuesday, August 16
- Tuesday, September 20
- Tuesday, October 18
- Tuesday, November 1
- Tuesday, November 29