Blessing Baskets orchestrates the community Christmas program in western Canadian County.
Families in western Canadian County who desire to participate and receive help from this program at Christmas should complete an application before December 3, 2021 to be processed through the Canadian County Community Action Agency, 203 N Bickford, El Reno, OK 73036.
- Do you live west of Banner Road in Canadian County?
- Is your household income less than 185% of poverty level?
- Does your family need assistance with Christmas food and toys?
- Then you qualify for El Reno Blessing Baskets!
Make application at the Canadian County Community Action Agency at 203 N Bickford before December 3, 2021!
(Please note that the Community Action Agency does not separate households the way DHS does. We will need the following information for everyone at your address.)
It’s easy! Just bring 4 things to our office:
- Photo ID – Bring a photo ID for everyone at your address (any kind is fine.)
- Proof of Income for every resident at your address (a couple of recent paystubs, a social security award letter for this year, etc.)
- Social Security Card(s) for every resident (an old income tax return, or the SSN number on anything official is fine.)
- Proof of Residency (some utility bill, rent receipt, anything official dated from this month addressed to you.) Please note that the Community Action Agency cannot accept the following.
- Letters from DHS
- Mail with no date or postmark on it
- Mail to a PO Box
- A personal letter or junk mail