Blessing Baskets manages the community Christmas program in western Canadian County. This program includes gifts for children and food for the family.
Gifts for Children
We will have shopping days/times for each family with Wal Mart. The family will shop for specific toys for their child/children and Blessing Baskets will pay for them.
Food for the Family
Traditional and special Christmas foods are provided along with pantry items such as peanut butter, cereal and crackers.
If you live in western Canadian County and would like to participate in this program at Christmas, you can complete an application through the Canadian County Community Action Agency, 203 N Bickford, El Reno.
You Quality If …
- You live west of Banner Road in Canadian County
- You meet income qualifications (if your children qualify for free or reduced lunches, you qualify for our programs.)
- Your family needs assistance with Christmas food and toys
(Please note that the Community Action Agency does not separate households the way DHS does. We will need the following information for everyone at your address.)
It’s easy! Just bring 4 things to our office:
- Photo ID – Bring a photo ID for everyone at your address (any kind is fine.)
- Proof of Income for every resident at your address (a couple of recent paystubs, a social security award letter for this year, etc.)
- Social Security Card(s) for every resident (an old income tax return, or the SSN number on anything official is fine.)
- Proof of Residency (some utility bill, rent receipt, anything official dated from this month addressed to you.) Please note that the Community Action Agency cannot accept the following.
- Letters from DHS
- Mail with no date or postmark on it
- Mail to a PO Box
- A personal letter or junk mail